Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Everything is Beautiful

Tonight Connor and I were in the car and I had the windows down - finally some cooler weather in Charleston! I tried to take his picture with my phone and he said "I don't want to say 'Cheese' - I want to look at the trees!" He stared out the window at the trees for a few seconds and then said, "Wow...they are beautiful!" One of his favorite words is "beautiful" these days. He has used it to describe a fish toilet seat at the lake at MN as well as the sky as we came out of the doctor's office one day. Maybe spending some time outdoors at the lake in MN helped him to appreciate the beauty of nature? Who knows...and speaking of the lake, here are a few pictures from our trip.

The beautiful Lower Bottle Lake. It looks very calm in this picture, but Katie and I came close to never being seen again when we tried to take out the canoe all by ourselves one afternoon. There were storm clouds all around, it was very windy so the water was pretty rough, and once we were out in the middle of it we thought to ourselves...hmm...maybe we should have told someone where we were going...or brought a cell phone...or lifejackets...but we made it back safe and sound and no one even knew our lives were in danger until now.














Fishing off the boat:














Connor's first s'more:















Man, we have some cute kids!















And here we are planting the beautiful flowers a couple of weeks ago - Connor and our neighbor, Lydia:















Not beautiful behavior, but another of Connor's favorite things to say is that he loves to do things. The problem is that it's usually after he's done something not so nice. I tell him to stop and he responds, "But I love it" as if that makes it okay. We met Connor's friend Jake to play a few Saturdays ago. Jake is no longer at Connor's school so needless to say they were thrilled to see each other. They play pretty rough sometimes, and mostly it's Connor pushing Jake, Jake falling, and the two of them laughing histerically. Later that afternoon Connor told me he pushed Jake and he fell down. I explained that this was not nice, we don't push our friends, and that someone could get hurt. Connor responded with "But I love it! I love pushing Jake!"

Connor and Jake in the ball pit (for all the horror stories of how nasty ball pits are, don't worry, this place was about the cleanest place I had ever seen)















Jake in disguise:



















And finally, a Davidson family picture. Shaw will be 3 in two months and Reid is 5 months. Aren't they just beautiful? I love them!!
















Connor and I also love the beautiful hotdogs at Jack's!



3 comments:

Katie said...

Great pictures, Andie, and great storytelling of our dangerous time out on the lake. As if! I mean, we are too highly intelligent women. We would never go out in a canoe without telling someone where we were going, and its illegal to be on the lake without life jackets. So silly!

Even though I LOVE the danger!

Elizabeth said...

Stephen is so jealous of James fishing off that boat...I love that Connor thinks that everything is beautiful, Jack will say things like that too...I think we need to come down and have a hot dog at Jack's, hot dogs are my boy's fav! Hope you are well and glad you and Katie made it off the water!

Sabrina R. Reid said...

Man.... you guys really do have some cute kids! Just beautiful!

XOXO
Sabrina