Sunday, September 13, 2009

Only Connor...

Connor and I went to Walmart for new sippy cups after church today and I was walking him down the Halloween aisle to see if anything jumped out at him - I pointed out pirates, transformers, and the scary masks. He first said "I want to be a pirate!" and I thought, Great! I can definitely make that happen. But then we turned the aisle and he ran toward a costume, screaming "I want THIS one!!" Guess what it was...a garden gnome!















Then I had to chase him around trying to get it back! I should totally be getting royalties on this costume!! But ours from 2 years ago was MUCH cuter - I mean, really, everyone knows garden gnomes don't wear plaid!

In case you're new to my blog, here's a picture of 8 month old Connor from Halloween 2007.

3 comments:

Things I May Regret Writing said...

You were robbed! My daughter saw these pictures and said, "SANTA!!! I WANT TO SEE SANTA!!!" And actually, that is not a bad idea of for a Halloween costume, dressing her up as Santa Claus.

Andie Dougherty said...

It took me a while to get Connor to stop calling garden gnomes "Santa" and now he calls all Santa Claus's "Garden Gnomes!"

Anonymous said...

Awwww, just a physical example of Tom tagging along with you and Connor to Walmart! I hope you are writing down all these moments when you know he is there....some will call them coincidence, but it is him, taking care or communicating with you and Connor. I miss you!!!

Katherine Raum