Thursday, September 17, 2009

Congratulations, Connor!









Please join me in congratulating Connor on being the first confirmed case of Swine Flu at Chesterbrook Academy! I'm so proud of him!

He started running a fever Tuesday night so I kept him home all day Wednesday. Usually when Connor runs a fever, it's at least 104 so I thought it was a little strange that it was staying around 102.5. The last meal he really ate was breakfast Wednesday morning and he kept telling me, "I cold!!" and "My leg hurts!" (the leg hurting is nothing new, but I thought it could be an ache associated with the flu). I took him to his doctor this morning and it was confirmed...he has the H1N1 virus. He's doing just fine, though - nothing different from any of the other viruses he picks up so far - just fever and a runny nose; he's up and playing like he always does when the fever goes down, and laying around watching Shrek when it goes back up. We'll see how the next few days go - I hope this is all it is and then we won't have to worry the rest of the year about getting it or the vaccine if it ever comes out. They did give him tamiflu but everywhere around here is out of the liquid kind so I have to mix the powder from the capsule in with his drink, and of course he didn't finish the first drink and the second one was sort of hard and crunchy so he spit out half of it. I'll get a better plan for tomorrow!

Proof that Connor's doing fine today (Friday):

With M&M's all over his face:



















And playing instead of napping or reading:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I am so sorry he got the swine flu!! Glad it has not been to bad for you both!! Putting the tamiflu capsule powder in a drink...you are so resourceful!! I would never have thought of that!! Thinking of you! Katherine Raum