Sullivan's Island hosted a Fire Prevention Week event last night. They had about 20 firetrucks and other emergency equipment to see. The flyer said they would have a jump castle, smoke house, clowns and lots of giveaways, too, but we didn't make it long enough to see any of that. We did get free pizza, a bag full of goodies, fireman hats and a few pictures before they began blowing the horn on one of the fire engines and Connor and Lydia were done! Both of them were screaming and crying, and who can blame them - that horn is LOUD!! I guess it was fun for the people that were actually blowing the horn, but it was very unpleasant for those of us standing directly in front of the truck.
By the way, does anyone know what a smoke house is??
5 comments:
Looking awesome, Connor. Your Mom rules for always finding the fun stuff.
Information on a Smokehouse just a click away.
Looking sharp in the fireman hat - Finn will be jealous.
Is this pic pre- or post-cut? I must see!!
Post cut, but it's not a very good one since I had been at work all day and it was dark out.
James - do you really think they meant a smokehouse to cook meats in? I thought maybe it was going to be a house full of smoke and they would show you how to get out. I guess we'll never really know.
Ok Andie this is try #2 - Katie asked me why I never comment - well I did and it was lost it in outer space because it didn't tell me I had to be a member first - anyway -I've been secretly reading your blogs for quite some time - the answer regarding the smoke house - you are correct - verified by neighborhood fireman's wife - they have a house they take around to demonstrate how to exit a smoke-filled house.
Thanks so much for current posts! Don't you guys know I need to fill my lunch break at work with pictures of darling children and witty words!
thanks,
take care,
love from MN,
Paula
Post a Comment