"Oh, Man!" Anyone who has ever watched Dora the Explorer knows exactly where this comes from - it's what Swiper the Fox says after he doesn't get what he wants. See below for a clip - the sound quality wasn't that great on my computer, but you get the point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LD0UpgRK4
Connor and Shaw say this all the time and I actually think it's pretty funny, especially since they say it exactly like Swiper. However, yesterday when Connor and I were organizing his toys, something happened (I don't remember what) and I said to him "Oh, Man!" He got this serious look on his face, shook his hand at me and said, "You not say 'oh, man'...you say 'oh no', mama, you say 'oh no'." I wondered where this came from so I asked his teacher about it this morning and sure enough, he and two other kids in his class say "Oh, Man!" all the time and she doesn't really approve of it so she tells them to say "Oh no" instead. Oops!! Nothing like the mom encouraging something that's not acceptable at school! Maybe next week I'll send him to school with peanuts for a snack...
1 comment:
OoopS! I just read this and I am SURE Jake is one of the two who say it all the time. I thought it was pretty hilarious. Guess I will send enough peanuts for the whole class ? :)
Elloree
Post a Comment