Monday, February 16, 2009

February 17, 2009 - Happy 2nd Birthday, Connor!


Today is Connor's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday, sweet boy! We had a great weekend that included a birthday party on Saturday. He got so many new toys that I'm not quite sure where they will all go. I'm hoping it warms up soon so we can maybe move some of them outside.


Connor - I'm pretty sure you will able to read this one day, maybe next week at the rate you're learning, so I thought I'd share a little of what you are like at this age.



If I had to choose one word to describe you it would be entertaining. You love making people laugh. Sometimes I'm not too thrilled with the things you do to try to get a laugh (putting corn on your head, throwing your fork on the floor, drawing on your face), but I am so glad that you have a wonderful sense of humor and that you realize how important laughter is in life! If I am having a bad day, you seem to pick up on it and do something silly that snaps me right out of it. Time will tell, but today I am convinced that you may end up being somewhat of the class clown.





















I have been told by quite a few teachers at your school that you are Mr. Popular, and not just in your own class, but in all of Chesterbrook Academy! Part of it I am sure has to do with the simple fact that you have been going there since you were 8 weeks old, but mostly it is your personality. You love all of your teachers and the staff there. From the time you were a baby, you somehow convinced Ms. Linda (the cook at the time) to take you around with her to deliver the daily food to all the classrooms. I think it was your smile - it really is contagious - and how could she see that smile and not want to share it with everyone else?

You are also very smart for your age. You started talking pretty early, saying words here and there, and before I knew it you were saying pretty complex words (helicopter, dinosaur) and then sentences! Just a couple of weeks ago your teacher, Ms. Sharon, told me you said a sentence with 7 words. She is always telling me how proud she is of you and also assures me that I'm going to have my hands full with such a smart little boy!

You have become very independent in the last few weeks. I hear these phrases over and over -
"I get it" "I open [doors, refrigerator, yogurt, and just about anything that can be opened]" "I close" "I push button [microwaves, elevators]" and "I pour [Max & Macy's food]." I forget many times that you can do all of these things yourself, and when I try to do them for you it usually results in some screaming, whining and tears, but we always work it out, even if it means I have to eat that yogurt and let you open your own.


You love your mommy (and I love you!!). You give the sweetest kisses and hugs and I just can't, and probably never will, get enough of them! I'm always telling you what a great hugger your dad was and that some day I know you'll be just as great at it! You also love your family, and this weekend was proof that they all love you very much too! I decided to have a "smaller" party this year - just family - and it still ended up with at least 20 people, some locals but most from out of town and even from out of state!




I hope you had a wonderful 2nd birthday. I'm looking forward to the next year to see how much more you grow, change and learn! I love you so much, boogie!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Connor from the Hogans in Jersey---and yes, your mom is right--your dad gave amazing hugs! You're a beautiful boy and a light in so many people's lives. Enjoy your special day!

Things I May Regret Writing said...

Happy Birthday Connor!!!

-Lillian

Katie said...

Thanks for this, Andie. What a great message for such a special day. Love you!

And Happy B-day, big boy!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Day Late Birthday Connor!!!Someday, hopefully soon, we can all get together and have a grand ole time with all the kiddos! hope you are both well...
Love always,
Elizabeth, Stephen and the Gang

jdoughe3 said...

I love you, Connor. Miss you, buddy.

Love,
james and the whole mn crowd