Subject: Your Child's "Garden Gnome" Costume
Date: Monday, July 7, 2008
Hi there,
I'm a senior editor at Family Fun, the family crafts and activities magazine published by Disney Publishing Worldwide. We saw your Halloween costume entry on Family.com, our sister website. We loved your idea and were inspired by it as we prepared Family Fun's upcoming Halloween costume story. We'd love to honor your creativity with an honorarium of $200 and (if space allows) a possible mention in our costume story, which will appear in our October 2008 issue.
If that sounds good to you, please let me know you've received this email, and I'll send you a few more details on how this all works.
Sincerely,
Debra Immergut
Senior Editor
Family Fun Magazine
Disney Publishing Worldwide
47 Pleasant Street
Northampton, MA 01060
Yes, they want to pay me $200 for my idea! Isn't that hilarious?? You all know Tom is so proud of me right now!! I called and spoke to the lady that sent this email and they won't be using Connor's picture or anything, just creating their own version of a garden gnome costume for their magazine. And if there is room, they might put something like "Contributed by Andie Dougherty of Mt. Pleasant, who made the costume for her son, Connor." Just in case you forgot what Connor and Shaw would look like if they were garden gnomes, or if you are new to my blog, here's another glance:
5 comments:
Hey, congrats! That is really exciting! Be sure to post when the issue comes out. And post your instructions on how to make them! I may do that this year for Lila.
-Lillian
I've long thought that all children under 5 should be dressed as pumpkins until they turn six. This way, they are both individually cute - but also, when you walk out the front door - you should see a sea of pumpkins (a pumpkin patch!) = awesomeness.
However, I'm reconsidering. Maybe a sea of gnomes instead? A gnome patch? Sounds pretty awesome.
Hmm...I think "creepy" would be a better description of a sea of gnomes.
What great timing - until we took over a dental practice 6 weeks ago and I started straightening up a waiting room everyday and letting my OCD tendancies run rampant by sorting the hundreds of magazines into like kind piles, I had never heard of Family Fun. But now I have and I will eagerly look for the Oct issue in the mail so I can smile and think of my Andie! We so need to catch up!! Always thinking of you!
Fame, fortune and the continuation of the Garden Gnome legacy. Not to mention a Disney tie-in.
Not bad for one little Halloween costume! But what is Connor going to dress up as this year? The bar is set high now...
Post a Comment