Connor has officially moved into a toddler bed. This is much earlier than I had expected to move him, but his crib was recalled so I took it apart expecting to have to send parts back. But I have since realized that the company is very slack at sending out the paperwork so I may never actually get the information I need to get a replacement (or voucher to buy a new one which I then plan to sell on craig's list). Either way, Connor is now sleeping in a toddler bed...sort of...
He goes to sleep in it every night, but has started waking up at least twice during the night. Since he can get out of the bed, he goes to the door and cries until I come pick him up. For the first week, it was very easy to get him to go back to bed. I just layed him back down, patted his back, and he was back to sleep in no time. One night (last Saturday), he actually slept through the night, but I'm pretty sure he actually slept on the floor half the night. That's where I found his blanket the next morning and he never lets that blanket out of his grasp! The last week has not been quite as easy. Not only is he waking up a couple of times every night, but he is demanding milk as well. And by demanding, I mean screaming as loud as he can and pointing down the stairs until I finally give in and go down. Once we get downstairs, he leads me over to the refrigerator and then does a little happy dance when I pull out the milk. I tried to say no, even tried to put him in my bed, and he wants no part of it - only milk! Once he has the milk, he goes back down in his bed, but usually wakes up about 2 hours later ready to get up for the day. That's when we make the move into my bed, where he (and I) get a great rest of the night's sleep. So much for him never sleeping in my bed...
The picture below made me think of Finn and how I can't wait to see him and the rest of the Doughertys next week. Last summer in NJ, every time I would go to put Connor in his carseat, the straps would miraculously be buckled. For the longest time I was wondering who in the world buckles straps after removing the baby from the carseat. It wasn't until I actually caught him in the act that I realized it was Finn, probably practicing something he had just learned how to do. Well the other day, I caught Connor doing the same thing with his booster seat.
Before:
After:
A friend send Connor this t-shirt. I promised (before I knew what it said) that it would at least get posted on the blog. Once I got it, I was a little iffy about even putting it on here, but no worries - it is only to be worn in the privacy of our own home...probably only after dark...and maybe only in Connor's room...with the door closed...
A couple of weeks after Connor had been at the beach with my mom and her family, I pulled out the picture my cousin Andrew had given me. It's a picture of him in his baseball uniform. The second I pulled it out, Connor took it from me and said "Andrew." I knew he had fun with him, but it still amazed me that he would remember his name after a couple of weeks. Heather and Shaw were over one weekend and I was telling her about it. We gave the picture to Shaw to see what he would do and he did the same thing! Andrew - you really made quite an impression on our boys! Shaw also held the picture for a long time, just staring at it and occasionally saying "Andrew". I actually have video of it, but of course it won't post, so just imagine the words coming out of his mouth.
Last weekend we went to Charlestown Landing Saturday then the beach Sunday.
Connor and Shaw with Uncle Brian:
Hanging out on the bench after seeing all kinds of new animals that included Elk, Bison, Deer, Otters and Pumas:
I got no pictures on the beach, but did you know that a toilet can double as a drum? We used Grandma Barbara's condo for a few minutes and even swam in the pool after the beach! Then it was across the street for some icecream. Sundays just don't get much better than that.
7 comments:
I can't believe how big Connor looks in that toddler bed! And I am officially the lamest mother on the planet, because my daughter is fully 6 months older than Connor (I think), and STILL in her crib and STILL in her high chair. It's official. She's going to need therapy.
-Lillian
Connor could easily be the one in therapy for me pushing him into growing up too fast! I might as well put him in beauty pageants for boys or force him to be a childstar!
So cute! I can't belive how big he looks! Esp in the toddler bed!
But I don't get what the t-shirt says. Something about midgets and babies? Andie, I need clarification.
And thanks for all the pictures! Good work!
And I love the picture of Connor and Shaw on the park bench! What great buddies they are growing up to be.
The t-shirt says:
->BABY<-
(not midget)
Do Not Toss
According to someone in my office, midget tossing is totally in, so he could wear it in public...but I don't think so!
I thought you'd be able to click on the picture to enlarge it, but I think that only works if you post a few pictures at a time.
I can't believe how HUGE he looks. You're not rushing him - both Seamus and Finn were getting into beds around 17 months.
And I'm sure I never checked to see if their crib was recalled...
So you're clearly a rockstar parent compared to me. FYI the crib we're using has been chewed through to the wood in several places.Nice. Nice. Can't wait to see you!
He's already a childstar, Andie!
-Margo
Post a Comment