Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Sweet Boy



The past week and a half has been a bit challenging for me. Connor has been sick on and off - 3 different illnesses - first an ear infection then some kind of virus with nothing other than a fever and then a stomach virus. The last two also coincided with when Barbara was visiting from NJ so he was not the happy baby I had hoped for during her visit. So needless to say I have been a bit stressed between missing work, staying home with a fussy baby, etc.


And then tonight...We were going through our normal nighttime routine - he has his milk, we go upstairs, I read a story then rock him for a few minutes before laying him down for bed. After a minute of rocking, he lifted his head and gave me the sweetest little kiss on my cheek and just layed his head back down on my shoulder. I can't even describe how wonderful that felt. I usually have to ask (almost beg) for a kiss or a hug, but for the first time tonight he did it all on his own, like he really felt the love and wanted to show me. What a sweet little boy!

4 comments:

Things I May Regret Writing said...

How cute! My daughter Lila has only just started laying her head on us, and she's 19 months old. So you're lucky!

-Lillian

jdoughe3 said...

Sweet - were you wearing a new perfume? Did you have bacon in your pocket?

Andie Dougherty said...

Oh, I didn't mention that I had chocolate syrup on my cheek? Minor details...

Sabrina R. Reid said...

Very sweet... I was almost in tears reading it.... Monthly emotions... you know... LOL then i read the other comments about bacon and chocolate... LOL