Thanks for the advice, L & P. Last night went extremely well! We talked at bedtime about 3 year-olds sleeping in their own beds and named everyone we knew that is Connor's age and sleeps by themselves. Then I promised him m&m's in the morning if I didn't have to come in and sleep with him during the night.
He woke me up at 4:00 again, insisted that I sleep with him, but after laying with him for a few minutes and reminding him of the m&m's, I asked if he wanted to sleep by himself and me go back to my bed and he said yes!! So I left him alone and went back to my bed, and didn't hear or see him again until he woke me up at 5:45 asking for his m&m's. Woo Hoo!!
I'm still going to take a look at the sites you sent, Pat, just in case last night was just a fluke.
About putting time-out in another spot. The reason I have to use his room is because I need a baby gate up to keep him confined. He will not stay in a certain spot or chair. He's even figured out how to climb over not one, but TWO baby gates stacked on top of each other. I'm not sure how he's managed not to break a leg yet.
1 comment:
I wish I could climb over 2 gates without causing serious injury to myself, that a boy Connor!
Miss you guys, i hope all is well....... give Connor a big hug for me!
Post a Comment