Saturday, August 08, 2009

More Connor Talk

Connor is full of useful information these days so I thought I'd share a couple of his more recent quotes, which I am about 99% sure come directly from his teacher, Ms. Erica.

Last night I was telling him we were going to eat at East Bay Deli and he kept calling it "East Bed Deli" so I said "BAY...like HEY..." and he responded with "Mommy...Hey is for Horses!"

He continues to tell me what to do all the time, but now he has added at the end of his instructions, "This means YOU Mommy!"

Lillian's comment just reminded me of another thing Connor says - when we're in the car on the way home, he usually says "We're almost home, Baby." I guess that's the 1% that comes from me!

Adding one more and then I promise to start a new post, they just keep coming! Today we went to Blackbeard's Cove (Connor insisted on calling it Blackberry Coat), road go-carts and played a few games. When we were leaving Connor said "We make a great team!"

We are going to MN later this week so I've been drilling him about who will be there. He remembers everyone, but insists on calling MJ "Trey." He's been calling her this ever since our NJ trip and I always correct him. Now I think he's just messing with me because every time he says it, he draws it out..."Trrreeeeyyyyy" and gets the biggest grin on his face like he's just waiting on me to correct him.

3 comments:

Things I May Regret Writing said...

You know what he's doing, right? It's like those people who call everyone "Sweetheart" and "Honey," because they can't remember anyone's name. Calling everyone "Trey" at such a young age is just genius.

jdoughe3 said...

Trey is an awesome nickname. Sounds like MJ; she's the third; he's from the south.

Trey it is.

Lillian said...

Oh wait, Trey as in 3! That is some cool poker lingo right there. Connor is clearly chill beyond his years. Look out for him calling the other kids Deuce and Ace.