Connor has been doing a lot of talking lately, and I thought I'd share some of my favorites:
My #1 favorite thing he says right now is "mew me," which means "excuse me." There are a few reasons I love it, but mostly because I feel like he's being somewhat polite. Instead of saying "MOVE" or just pushing us out of the way, he politely says "mew me" and he always follows it with the name of whoever he's talking to. Mostly it's "Mew me, Mama" and "Mew me, Macy." If Max is in his way, Connor just climbs on or over him, so Max doesn't get to hear the cute words quite as much as Macy and I do.
Connor loves his cousin Shaw. He may be his favorite person on the planet right now, so he asks me at least 4 or 5 times a day, "Where's Shaw?" I used to always answer him, usually with "school" or "home" but now I've started turning the question around to say "I don't know, Connor, where is Shaw?" to which his answer is always "home." And that's the end of the discussion.
Connor also loves school, and he has started saying his teachers' names. Ms. Sharon is always there in the mornings, and Ms. Penny in the afternoons. He loves both of them, and I love to hear him say good morning to "Shear" and bye to "Peey". While he loves them both, he has a special bond with Ms. Sharon, maybe because she always gives him a snack in the morning? Not quite sure, but he keeps an eye on her all day, and if she leaves without telling him, they know it. The other day they were on the playground and Sharon went inside for a minute. Penny said Connor came right over to her, asking "Where's Shear? Where's Shear?" until she returned, and he said "There's Shear" and went back to playing.
Connor loves telling me what to do, too. Almost every night when we're getting ready for dinner, he sits at the table first and then promptly tells me "sit down." He also loves walking ahead of me and saying "c'mon" while opening and closing his hand.
Last but not least, when changing channels on the tv, I have to remind myself to skip ESPN if there is basketball or football on. If he catches a glimpse of either, he will scream "Football" over and over again until I go back to that channel.
I am so proud of him, and his teachers have let me know that they are too! He's learning so much so quickly, it's truly amazing to me.
2 comments:
OMG, I just blogged about the same thing today (talking)! Great minds. Lila also says Excuse Me, and it's just about the cutest thing a kid can say. Lila actually says it to people who cut her off, and they get embarrassed.
GO IRISH!
You know there are people in the world who don't even have ESPN. Poor Connor...
Post a Comment