We visited Pat and Jason Memorial Day weekend, and I was able to get just a few pictures before my camera battery died, and of course I didn't bring the charger. New camera - I learned my lesson - the battery will either be charged before I leave or the charger will come with me from now on. It seemed like every camera we tried to use that weekend had dead batteries - it was pretty funny. Pat finally found some batteries, though, so she was able to get some pictures. This is all I have to show for the weekend - Connor and the bears at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. We felt very priveledged to be with Pat as she ended her strike against the museum just for us! Thanks, Pat!
We also visited the botanical gardens, the Cheesecake Factory, and Weaver Street. And we had lots of fun after Connor went to bed when we broke out the cheesecake and the Wii!! I think I became quite the pool shark, but wasn't so great at shooting objects or picking people out of a crowd. Thanks for a great weekend, Pat and Jason! We love spending time with you guys and can't wait to see you both again soon!
Skylar has come over a couple of times to play and I actually pulled out the camera one night. After this night I realized that sharing is defnitely something we need to work on in this house. Every time Skylar would get near one of Connor's toys, he would run over and do whatever he had to to get it away. This included pushing, pinching and pulling hair. Poor Skylar - I'll be surprised if she ever wants to come over again. But she was so good - she just gave him whatever he wanted and moved onto something else. Way to be the mature one Skylar. And Connor, she's never going to date you if you act like that!! Here are a few pictures of them getting along.
Last weekend we met Heather and Shaw downtown at the Farmer's Market. We had tomato pie, listened to music, then walked around downtown for a while. Now that I work in Mt. Pleasant, it is very rare that I go downtown so it was a nice way to spend Saturday. Here is a great picture of Heather and Connor.
And Shaw was this lady's biggest fan.
We hope all of you are having a great summer so far!
3 comments:
OK - my heart melted with the picture in the bib overalls and crocs! The smile he gives you, Andie - what a happy boy! Does he know his mother is a pool shark? That you can hold him with one arm and play Wii pool with the other while he sleeps - I do have pictures! It was great to have both of you here. Love, Pat
Patting your head is actually the ASL sign for "hat." So your genius child is signing to you without ever being taught sign langauge!
I was so distracted by the dog vote that I didn't even notice there were new pictures to view! It was a nice surprise for today, but I can't believe I missed them!
He is getting so big, I can't believe I don't get to see him till August!! Can you tell him to wait to grow until I get the chance to see him?
Post a Comment