In Connor's class at school, the kids all have a red, yellow or green card that they are on depending on their behavior. They start each day on green and by repeating their class promise, "I promise to talk kindly, treat nicely, help quickly, share happily, and to be a friend to all." As long as they are fulfilling this promise then they stay on green. When they are having trouble following these rules, they are moved to yellow or red but they can earn their way back to green.
Connor had some trouble staying on green earlier this year but we continued to work on his behavior at home and at school, gave him the exciting "job" of taking out the trash at school if he was on green when I pick him up, and with the help of a green tracking chart that included treats for every 5 green days, he was finally doing much better. He had 25 greens, filling the entire chart and earning all of the treats listed, and then all of a sudden he started getting yellows and red again. I asked him why he was on yellow and red and his response was "because there was no more room on the chart." So...we finally made a new chart to track his progress but yesterday was still a red day. When I picked him up, this was what I found...his teacher really means business and I love it! I'm happy to report that he was on green today.

No comments:
Post a Comment