Tuesday, March 29, 2011
My (Not So) Sneaky Boy
I really have plans to catch up on my blog, I swear I do! But for now I wanted to share a little bit of what Connor has been doing lately. He's very much into me not knowing what he's doing. It's sort of a game for him. An example is that when he's about to get in the bath but has to go potty, he always asks me to close my eyes so I can't see what he's doing. And he's always peeing...every time! He's not doing anything naughty, he just thinks it's fun to pretend I don't know what he's doing I guess. So he gets done, flushes, then tells me to open my eyes. I open my eyes and act surprised that I have no idea what he just did. Silly I know, but it's our little before bathtime game. He has also started doing something that I used to do as a kid - sneak more snacks than he is supposed to. The other morning he wanted a cupcake for breakfast. I told him no at first but then said, "Okay, you can have ONE bite and if you're on green at school today then you can have the rest when we get home." So he had the one bite. It was time to go and he insisted on taking something upstairs to put away while I started the car. I was waiting for him right outside the front door and he told me to "go that way," pointing to the other side of the yard. I walked a few steps and then immediately came back and opened the front door to hear the refrigerator door close and catch him with a mouth full of cupcake. I explained that mommies always know what's happening and he couldn't fool me, I knew exactly what he was doing. He thought that was hilarious and now loves to ask me if I did things he's doing when I was a little girl. And sometimes (just sometimes, ;)) he does naughty things. If I tell him to stop doing something, he'll usually stop. But then as soon as I turn my back, he tries it again. If I turn around and look at him, he just says, "NOTHING!" before I even get a chance to accuse him of doing anything. It's a really fun game for me to play with him since I get a kick out of him not even realizing that he's giving himself away before he even does the naughty thing. I wonder how long it will take before he realizes he's totally giving himself away and figures out how to actually be sneaky...I hope never!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He tried to pull the same sneakiness on me last night with chip cookie dough before soccer practice. After I told him he would be in trouble if he had a single bite, he got a big smile on his face and said "okay, I won't have any! You just turn around in feed Max!" I knew what he was doing, so I turned around but caught just a glimpse of him grabbing one small chocolate chip out of the tub. He walk past me hiding it behind his back with that huge grin on his face thinking he was being super sneaky! After I finished feeding Max, I went over and told him that I knew he was being sneaky, just like his Mommy did when she was little, and took a small piece of dough. He thought that was really funny! He is definitely enjoying trying to be sneaky just like you!
So funny, Chad!!
Post a Comment