It's hard to believe a year has gone by since we lost Tom. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and wish he were still here with us, but I try to take comfort in knowing that although not physically, he is definitely here. I love watching Connor and seeing Tom in him - sometimes he will make a face and all I see is Tom. I love that he has his personality - he captures everyone he comes into contact with with his great smile and loving personality. It will be interesting to see over the years how much more he is like his dad.
Some of Tom's best friends, Stephen, Chris (Street) and Matt all came to Charleston this weekend for the one year anniversary. We had a great time together, and of course they came bearing gifts. We now have two nice new azaleas and the cutest little "Connor-size" bench in the front. We spent part of the day Saturday in the yard, another part eating way too much barbeque, and then the boys went out on their own while Connor and I stayed at home to get a head start on the one hour of sleep we'd be losing Saturday night.
A Mass was said for Tom Sunday at Frank McMahon's church in James Island so we all met up with him and his lovely family there Sunday morning, then had brunch with a few other friends and a nice walk around Waterfront Park. Before they headed home, we made one last stop...what would the weekend (and a cemetery) be without a garden gnome (or two) watching over Tom?
Thanks, guys, for a great weekend. Connor and I had a blast and really appreciate you all making the trip to Charleston!
I've been trying to post pictures but there's something wrong with blogger right now so I'll try again tomorrow.
2 comments:
We love you and Connor so much. I'm sure Tom is proud of you both.
XOXOXO,
A
I'm so glad you got to spend the weekend with such wonderful friends. Looking forward to giving you and Connor lots of love next weekend.
Love you,
Katie
Post a Comment