Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Catching Up...

Although you wouldn't know it by the temperature in Charleston, Fall has arrived, so it's definitely time to catch up on my postings from the summer. I hope you have a few minutes because this is a serious update!!

Let's start way back in August when Connor and I went to NJ to wish Grandma D a happy 60th birthday and Cousin MJ a happy christening. We had so much fun spending time with family and were so happy that the SC, MN and CA Doughertys were all able to be there for the entire week! We went to the beach, did a little shopping, went through old pictures, went to the boardwalk, ate some really tasty lobsters, but mostly just enjoyed each other's company.















The next weekend, Heather and I participated in our first walk/run race together. It was a one mile fun run and I think we ran all but 2 minutes of it, which was a huge for us!! We all got ribbons, including Connor and Shaw - they say "One Mile Finisher." Woo hoo!

Before and After shots - can you guess which is which?




Labor Day weekend, Connor and I went to NC to visit Pat and Jason. That was my first trip to Chapel Hill and it really is a neat place. There are bars and restaurants on one side of town and about 5 miles the other way are farms. We went out to eat, saw an improv show, went to the zoo and may have had icecream every day - what more could you ask for??




A couple of weekends later, Heather and I took the boys to the Shrimp Festival in a town called Yemassee, SC, population 851 (see http://www.city-data.com/city/Yemassee-South-Carolina.html). If I had to guess, I'd say about half the town was there. If you've never been to a festival in a small town in SC, I suggest you put it on your list of things to do. We had so much fun! There was entertainment, which included singing that sounded a lot like karaoke, plus clogging and linedancing. There were rides for the kids but Connor and Shaw were still a little too young, and all kinds of food, including some of the best shrimp I've ever had! Here are a few glimpses of the festival, including some video if I can get it to work.



2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! That's some update! It was great to see all of these pictures, both from times we were together and times we weren't. It makes me miss you more, but its so great to see you and Connor surronded by so much love.

Sending mine too!

Courtney Stanz said...

Hooray for updates! LOVE the clogging - had my whole office watching it....which I guess means it is ok to admit to reading your blog at work now? Hmmm...I guess I showed my hand on that one!
Sending love and hugs and DELIGHTED to hear your new position is going well!