February 15th and still no baby...
We thought maybe he was holding out to be a Valentine's Day baby but this little guy just doesn't want to come out! I know we're only 6 days past our due date but it already feels like weeks. In the meantime we're enjoying spending as much time with Tom and Barbara as possible while they're in town.
Barbara and I went to the doctor together Monday and she got to see her future grandson via ultrasound. He's still trying to leave some surprises, though, because he showed us everything but his face. He kept that covered with his arm the whole time.
They estimated that he was around 8.5 lbs and said everything looked good - just not quite ready to have him yet. Since we're now past 40 weeks, I have to go back to the doctor a couple times a week for a stress test on the baby to make sure he's doing okay. The first one is scheduled for tomorrow (Friday). Then I'll go back to the doctor next Tuesday for another ultrasound, stress test, and to see if I'm any closer to being ready. Who knew this baby stuff could get so complicated?!?
We know he'll come when he's ready. I am just thankful that he is healthy and that I'm still feeling good enough to continue working. It could definitely be much worse at this point! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we'll let you all know as soon as anything happens!
Love,
Tom & Andie
2 comments:
I am very happy to hear that you're still feeling great. That baby just loves his mommy!
Looking forward to hearing the good news when its time to hear it. In the meantime, you are in my thoughts.
Love you!
Someday you'll be able to hold this over his head - think how much fun will that be! Thinking of you!
Post a Comment